1/1 Photo of Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast
3 hrs 10 mins
It seems like a no-brainer, pot+roast=pot roast, and I used to do it that way. This is better. All you Pioneer Woman fans out there, you know she has a knack for making everyday things better and scary things easy so give this a try if you want to taste the best pot roast of your life!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 275. Heat large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add olive oil and let it get really hot.
- 2Salt and pepper the chuck roast on both sides. Cut the onions from root to tip, cut the ends off, and peel the skin off. Brown onions on both sides in dutch oven, then remove to a plate. Thoroughly wash carrots, chop and add to dutch oven and toss them around until slightly brown, about a minute or so.
- 3Remove the carrots and allow pot to become hot again.
- 4Sear roast about 1 minute per side and then remove to plate.
- 5Turn heat to high and deglaze the pot adding one cup of the beef broth.
- 6Add Meat back to pot, followed by carrots and onions. Pour beef broth into pot to cover the meat half way. Tuck thyme and rosemary into the broth, if you are using them.
- 7Cover pot and roast for 3-5 hours depending on the size of your roast. For a 3 pound roast, allow 3-3 1/2 hours, for a 4 to 5 pound roast, cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- 8When cooking time is over, check for doneness; insert a fork into meat, the fork should go in very easily and the meat should be very tender.
- 9Remove to cutting board and slice against the grain.
- 11Congratulations, you're a hero.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 524.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs