Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Pioneer Woman's blog. I haven't made this yet but it looks positively scrumptious! Please visit her blog for some mouth-watering pictures and recipes.
- 4 cups cooked macaroni or 4 cups cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 diced red bell pepper
- 1 finely diced jalapeno
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and vegetables over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in canned chilies and stir around, then turn off heat.
- Drain pasta and add it to skillet.
- Pour on cream, add cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste and stir gently.
- At the end, add 2 tablespoons butter and stir again. Check seasonings and serve.
- Serve with juicy steak, with grilled shrimp, chicken, or on its own. It’ll change your life for the better.
I used a whole box of elbow macaroni, 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers and eliminated the corn. I used 2 cups of monterey jack cheese, and 1 1/4 cups of cream. So good!
Best Mac and Cheese ever! Sometimes I also add a diced plum tomato. Perfect with grilled ribs.