Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wow wow wow. Clearly, USC alums can cook ;) Loving this easy, simple and oh so delicious and gluttonous treat! This calls for a bundt pan but I've successfully cut the recipe in a third and used a loaf pan.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (1 cup)
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 (10 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits (the non-flaky ones)
- 1 cup sugar
- preheat that oven to 350.
- open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- At this time you’ll want to combine the 1 cup of regular sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. I use 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and this gives it a fairly strong cinnamon flavor. If you’re not so hot on cinnamon, cut it back to 2 teaspoons. Dump these into a 1 gallon zip bag and shake to mix evenly.
- drop all of the biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Go ahead…all of them. Yes, they’re sticking together right now, but just trust me.
- Once all the biscuit quarters are in the bag, seal it and give it a vigorous shake. You might have some excess sugar left over and that’s okay.
- Spread these nuggets out evenly in your bundt pan. I suppose you might want to grease this pan before doing this, but I’m pretty sure the gallon of butter we are about to add will keep it safe. Un-greased always works for me.
- melt those two sticks of butter together with 1/2cup of brown sugar. This can be light or dark brown sugar.
- Stir together over a medium-high heat until the two become one.
- Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits.At first…it’s going to look like too much. It’s okay though.
- Bake this @ 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep brown on top.
- If you have the willpower, allow this to cool for about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate. If it doesn’t slide right down onto the plate, give it a few love-taps until it plops. It’ll hold.
What's not to like? Delicious for our Valentine's breakfast! And I love things that my kids can help make. The 4 year old cut the biscuits and the 2 year old threw them in the bag. We cut the recipe to 1/3 to use one can of biscuits and made it in a loaf pan. Thanks for posting!