1/1 Photo of Pioneer Woman's Monkey Bread
Wow wow wow. Clearly, USC alums can cook ;) Loving this easy, simple and oh so delicious and gluttonous treat! This calls for a bundt pan but I've successfully cut the recipe in a third and used a loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat that oven to 350.
- 2open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- 3At this time you’ll want to combine the 1 cup of regular sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. I use 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and this gives it a fairly strong cinnamon flavor. If you’re not so hot on cinnamon, cut it back to 2 teaspoons. Dump these into a 1 gallon zip bag and shake to mix evenly.
- 4drop all of the biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Go ahead…all of them. Yes, they’re sticking together right now, but just trust me.
- 5Once all the biscuit quarters are in the bag, seal it and give it a vigorous shake. You might have some excess sugar left over and that’s okay.
- 6Spread these nuggets out evenly in your bundt pan. I suppose you might want to grease this pan before doing this, but I’m pretty sure the gallon of butter we are about to add will keep it safe. Un-greased always works for me.
- 7melt those two sticks of butter together with 1/2cup of brown sugar. This can be light or dark brown sugar.
- 8Stir together over a medium-high heat until the two become one.
- 9Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits.At first…it’s going to look like too much. It’s okay though.
- 10Bake this @ 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep brown on top.
- 11If you have the willpower, allow this to cool for about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate. If it doesn’t slide right down onto the plate, give it a few love-taps until it plops. It’ll hold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Monkey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 870.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g