- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk (depending on how thick you want the dressing) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup buttermilk (depending on how thick you want the dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt over garlic and mash together to make a paste, the finer the better. Combine the paste with all ingredients except lettuce. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Chill for several hours before serving. When ready to serve, thin with more buttermilk if needed.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Cut into wedges.
- To serve: place wedges on a platter or salad plates and drizzle dressing over wedges, making sure you have enough for all the lettuce leaves.