1/4 Photos of Pioneer Woman's Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great recipe from the Pioneer Woman. She says it especially great at Thanksgiving because you can make it a day ahead of time and just remove it from the refrigerator on Thanksgiving to bake. She also loves butter and often uses more than the recipe calls for. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and rinse off. Cut them in half or quarters into about the same size and place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook until just done. Drain potatoes into a colander. Shake off the excess water from potatoes and return them to the saucepan you cooked them and place back on the burner. Turn the heat on low and mash potatoes.
- 2Turn the heat off and slice in the softened butter and cream cheese. Next add the half and half-start with 1/2 cup, then add more if needed, seasoned salt and pepper. Mash everything together. Add more half and half and seasoning if needed. PW says try not to oversalt but definitely don't undersalt!
- 3Spread mashed potatoes into a greased baking dish. If you like, slice 1/4 cup butter into pats and place on top of the poatatoes. (Pioneer Woman says you can never have enough butter.). Cover the dish.
- 4At this point you can bake it in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate a day or two. If refrigerated, remove an hour before baking so the center can warm up and then bake as directed. PW says to bake it covered but she has baked it uncovered with no problems.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: