Chef SuzyQ's Note:
One day, I stumbled across one of the best food blogs I've ever found. Pioneer Woman is FUNNY, a great photographer, and one amazing cook! Try this one--you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1For Pizza Dough:.
- 2Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water in a bowl and sprinkle in yeast.
- 3Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 4With an electric mixer on low speed, drizzle in olive oil until combined.
- 5Add water and yeast mixture slowly until ball forms.
- 6Let it rise for 1 to 2 hours or can be refrigerated for 2 days.
- 7To Make Calzones:.
- 8Preheat oven to 450.
- 9In a large skillet brown ground beef, sausage and onion over medium heat. Drain excess grease.
- 10Add Rotel and cook for 2 minutes remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 11Combine ricotta, mozzarella, monterey jack, and egg in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Combine cheese mixture with meat mixture.
- 13Divide dough into 8 equal balls. Roll into 6 inch circles.
- 14Place one-eighth of the mixture in the middle of each circle.
- 15Fold one half of the circle over and pinch the edges to seal. Brush with olive oil.
- 16Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.5
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 697.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 30.2 g