1/1 Photo of Pioneer Woman's Best Macaroni Salad Ever
From the Pioneer Woman. Feel free to add more or less sugar, salt and pepper to the dressing. Also add more of olives, onions, pickles or peppers, however much you like. You can also use canned pimentos in place of the red peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups macaroni
- 3 whole roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced sweet and spicy pickle
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped fine
- 3 whole green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- splash pickle juice
- 1Cook macaroni in lightly salted water till done. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, milk and pickle juice in medium sized bowl.
- 3In large bowl place cooked macaroni. Add about 3/4's of the mayonnaise mixture to the macaroni. Next add the peppers, pickles, olives and onions. If needed, add the remaining dressing. Add a splash of pickle juice to the salad. The salad dressing will thicken up after refrigeration.
- 4Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Best Macaroni Salad Ever
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 216.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers