Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
These are the easiest and tastiest apple dumplings EVER! I have subbed the Mountain Dew soda for Sprite and even cream soda for a more vanilla-y flavor.
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter, salted (2 sticks, plus 1 tbsp. to butter pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.