1/5 Photos of Pioneer Woman - Tomato Soup With Sherry
This is my favorite recipe adapted from the Pioneer Woman. A decadent lunch! I tweaked it a little from her original: I reduced the sodium and fat by reducing the chicken base and butter, and changing the heavy cream to half-n-half. And I thought way more fresh basil was needed to make it taste spectacular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- crouton (optional)
- 1In a soup pot, saute diced onion in butter until translucent.
- 2Decide how chunky you like your tomato soup. I like to process one of the cans of tomatoes briefly in the food processor to chop up the tomatoes more finely. You can process one or both or neither.
- 3To the pot, add canned tomatoes, tomato juice, sugar, chicken base or bouillon, and pepper and stir.
- 4Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat.
- 5Add sherry and half-n-half or cream and stir.
- 6Add parsley and basil. (or, you can save the basil to sprinkle on top of each bowl of soup). Add salt & pepper if needed to your taste.
- 7Top with croutons if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman - Tomato Soup With Sherry
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 755.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g