Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From LA to OK she is one amazing woman, and she is a fabulous cook! See her website @ www.thepioneerwoman.com
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together sugars and shortening.
- In a seperate small bowl combine vanilla extract and eggs.
- Slowly add vanilla/egg mixture to creamed sugars.
- In a seperate larger bowl sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add flour mixture to electric mixer while it is running.
- Remove nuts from stove top and finely chop.
- Add nuts and oats and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to mixer.
- Turn off mixer and add remaining chocolate chips, mix well.
- Place dough on a piece of wax paper and form into a log. (you can divide it into as many logs as you want and freeze).
- Refridgerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap dough and slice to desired thickness.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
These are the best cookies in the world. I have made this recipe so many times and now use the dough as the basis for a variety of cookies. Especially Choc. Chip.