Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman. I made this for a Thanksgiving side dish and it was a hit, everyone loved it! It is so creamy! The crunch of the wild rice and the sweetness of the fresh corn is delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook wild rice in chicken broth until almost done. Rice should still have a firm (but not crunchy) bite. Drain rice and allow to cool.
- Scrape corn kernels into a large mixing bowl. Add in cream, butter, beaten eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir together.
- Add in cooled wild rice, stirring gently. Splash in milk so that mixture is stirrable, but not overly juicy.
- Taste for seasonings, adding more salt or cayenne pepper if needed.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until just turning golden brown on top and mixture is somewhat set.
Made this last year for Christmas and every loved it. The cayenne was not too hot either for those sensitive to 'heat'. I always use the sweet corn I freeeze - works perfectly. Will make again in a few weeks for Thanksgiving!
I absolutely loved this. I loved the kick the cayenne pepper gave it, and...just make it, ok? You'll be glad you did.