Recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman. I made this for a Thanksgiving side dish and it was a hit, everyone loved it! It is so creamy! The crunch of the wild rice and the sweetness of the fresh corn is delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook wild rice in chicken broth until almost done. Rice should still have a firm (but not crunchy) bite. Drain rice and allow to cool.
- Scrape corn kernels into a large mixing bowl. Add in cream, butter, beaten eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir together.
- Add in cooled wild rice, stirring gently. Splash in milk so that mixture is stirrable, but not overly juicy.
- Taste for seasonings, adding more salt or cayenne pepper if needed.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until just turning golden brown on top and mixture is somewhat set.