Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Enjoy this, my friends! If you’re on the fence about meatloaf, or even if you’ve written it off entirely as something you’d never ever try, give this a shot. Consider it adventure eating, like huitlacoche. Or calf nuts.
Top Review by Anonymous
my family loves this. I added small amount red pepper and onion and omitted 2 of the four eggs. used 1/2 ground sirloin, 1/2 turkey sausage and half the bacon to cut calories and fat. perfect. goes great with her smashed potatoes.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 10 slices bacon, thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in beaten eggs.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!).
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Make the sauce. Add ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!