- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon (or more depending on preference)
- 8 ounces half of a 16 oz. bag powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix whole milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a pan.
- Scald to 150 degrees. Let cool until lukewarm.
- Sprinkle in yeast and let sit.
- Then add 4 C flour, stir mixture together.
- Cover and let sit for one hour.
- Add 1/2 C flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir mixture together.
- Sprinkle surface generously with flour and form into a rectangle, roll the dough thin, maintaining a rectangular shape.
- Drizzle melted butter over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough toward you. Pinch the seam to seal it. Grease foil cake or pie pans. Cut rolls 3/4 to 1 inch thick and lay in greased pans. Cover the rolls and let sit for 30 minutes. Bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Generously drizzle frosting over warm rolls after they come out of the oven.