1/5 Photos of Pioneer Woman Chicken Parmigiana
1 hr 20 mins
Mama Mia! This is an excellent dish. I love how this woman cooks. This dish is just so wonderful. Can't talk now busy eating this fabulous meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (4-6 pieces trimmed and pounded flat)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine (red is fine too)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1Mix flour, salt, and pepper together on a large plate.
- 2Dredge flattened chicken breasts in flour mixture. Set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted and oil/butter mixture is hot, fry chicken breasts until nice and golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 4Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
- 5Without cleaning skillet, add onions and garlic and gently stir for 2 minutes. Pour in wine and scrape the bottom of the pan, getting all the flavorful bits off the bottom.
- 6Allow wine to cook down until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- 7Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add sugar and more salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- 9If you choose to have pasta, cook linguine, spaghetti, or whatever pasta you like until al dente.
- 10Toward the end of cooking time, add chopped parsley and give sauce a final stir.
- 11Carefully lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in grated Parmesan.
- 12Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly heated. Add more cheese to taste.
- 13Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more parsley. Or just place the chicken on a plate and dig in!
- 14Serve immediately & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.9
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 978.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 41.1 g