Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mama Mia! This is an excellent dish. I love how this woman cooks. This dish is just so wonderful. Can't talk now busy eating this fabulous meal.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (4-6 pieces trimmed and pounded flat)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (red is fine too)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together on a large plate.
- Dredge flattened chicken breasts in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted and oil/butter mixture is hot, fry chicken breasts until nice and golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
- Without cleaning skillet, add onions and garlic and gently stir for 2 minutes. Pour in wine and scrape the bottom of the pan, getting all the flavorful bits off the bottom.
- Allow wine to cook down until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add sugar and more salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- If you choose to have pasta, cook linguine, spaghetti, or whatever pasta you like until al dente.
- Toward the end of cooking time, add chopped parsley and give sauce a final stir.
- Carefully lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in grated Parmesan.
- Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly heated. Add more cheese to taste.
- Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more parsley. Or just place the chicken on a plate and dig in!
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Very good and fresh light tasting sauce. More sauce than usual with Chicken Parmagiana. Definitely need to make pasta with this recipe. Made for I Recommend tag.
This is the first time I have made chicken parmigiana and this was great. I only used 2 cans of tomatoes and about 1/2 the onions, but otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I will use my immersion blender before putting the chicken back in and break up the tomatoes a little since DH is not a big fan of chunky sauce (but he ate it tonight!). Made for I Recommend Tag.
Excellent recipe and easy to make. I think next time I will put the tomatoes in the blender for a smoother sauce. Thanks for sharing!