Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
It is so easy, it's illegal. ONLY 7 ingredients. ONLY 2 apples! If you want a lovely pictorial lesson in preparing these evil treats, then leave right now and go to her website. The woman is not only a wonderful cook, but an excellent photographer!
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut apples into 8 slices each.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
- Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
- Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples.
- Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
- Then go to confession. Quickly.
Delicious! I made them way healthier by using lowfat crescent rolls and cutting the amount of butter AND sugar in half -- didn't miss the extra! Was super yummy even without ice cream. My almost 2 yr old loved it! Thanks!
These are so easy to make, my 7 year old, Grace made them all by her self. She was so proud of them, and I must say, they were quite yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely delicious! I will definitely serve again. I have made apple dumpling before, but my recipe uses orange juice and my family has loved it. This recipe is now the one I will be using. Excellent!