Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. Believe it or not, this recipe came from my hospital cafeteria - not normally a place you would turn to for good recipes. But this is very good, and as a bonus, very easy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups packaged wild rice mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked turkey, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems & pieces
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spray a 9 by 13" baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place mixture into pan, cover with foil,& bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 25 minutes.
This cooked up well. I added some pats of butter,and slivered almonds. Also poured in about a 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Cook time was accurate. Will make again!!
This was good, both my son and I liked it. I wish there was a way to give it 3 1/2 stars though. A couple changes the next time I make it will be to used chopped onions and celery instead of sliced. Also, the ingredients didn't mix evenly, so next time I'll mix everything except the turkey chunks first and add the turkey last. I will make this again. Thanks.