Prep 10 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful potato dish that can be served anytime of the day. It is a family favorite of ours and has been made for many gatherings. About 10 hours of prep work, including overnight refridgeration.
- potato, baked cooled and shredded (I make enough to fill up a large baking pan when shredded; You can also use frozen hashbrowns that h)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Mix potatoes, sour cream, green onions, 1 1/2 cups cheese and salt and pepper.
- Spread in large baking pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refridgerate overnight.
- To cook, uncover and bake in a 350 degree oven until top is melted and starting to brown.
This is a WONDERFUL make-ahead dish. The next day, just pop it in the oven. So easy to make and soooo flavorful. Thanks Dayla for sharing this dish. It's a "keeper". :-)rn
A great, simple dish. I always have all the ingredients on hand so that is a plus as well. This dish is also a good way to use up extra backed potatoes.
Excellent. I had these at one of my daughters Mother's Day brunches. Yum.