Recipe by Bug'sMom
These are sometimes called "tortilla rollups". They include cream cheese seasoned with ranch dip mix, rolled up in a tortilla with dried beef, olives, green chilies and pimientos(if using). Other variations could include roast beef and horseradish in place of the dried beef and olives, or salsa and sour cream for a mexican version. I adapted this from a Ladies Auxiliary of Greenacres Baptist Church cookbook.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) jar dried beef, chopped fine
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch dip
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (I use colby and monterey jack combo)
- 1 (8 count) package flour tortillas (burrito size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain black olives, green chilies, and pimientos.
- Pat dry.
- Mix cream cheese and ranch dip mix with a hand blender until smooth.
- Stir olives, chilies, pimientos and dried beef into cream cheese mixture.
- Add sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto one side of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla cigar like.
- Cover or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
- Take out and cut horizontally into 1/2 inch slices. Usually the two end pieces will need to be discarded.
- Cover on serving plate and referigerate until ready to use.