Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tex Mex at its best. I do not think there has been a party I have been to in the last 10 years where these were not a staple.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon picante sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 16 flour tortillas
- Mix all ingredients together well and spread a small amount on each flour tortilla.
- Roll each jelly roll fashion and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve slice each rolled tortilla into 1/2 inch pieces and insert toothpick for easy handling. It will look like a lollipop on a stick.
- Serve with picante sauce for dipping.
I added a thin slice of chicken to my pin wheels. They disappeared very quickly when I put them out
As in other reviews I added a little more of the picante, a few dashes of hot sauces for extra spice, some garlic and onion powder, fresh ground pepper and used the southwest tortillas and they were great. This is an easy recipe to change up as needed.
Okay....basically I made these for New Years Eve. But I did change a few things. First, my tortillas were the sundried tomatoe ones. I didn't know where to find the green chilies when i was shopping. Anyways...I used the fat free cream cheese and salsa, then added shredded cheese and black olives. Rolled them up and sliced them. They were GONE in no time. Everyone loved them!! Thanks for the recipe. I will be making these now for every little event.