Recipe by Olha
One of the daintiest looking party sandwiches there is.
Top Review by MA Blossom
A big hit with the tea party ladies! The ham and relish is a classic filling and I was glad to find it here. I also made some with cheese spread rolled around pickles and cheese with asparagus as well as cream cheese with chopped maraschinos. I found a few more tips on preparing these little goodies in Recipe #364560. Will be making more of these soon for my daughter's upcoming wedding shower. Thanks, Olga.
- 1 loaf stale bread, sliced lengthwise
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cansflaked ham
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes, crushed
- 3 tablespoons salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from long bread slice. Roll lightly with rolling pin to prevent cracking when rolled. Spread with butter right to edge. Spread with filling also to edge. Starting at narrow end, roll up. Place seam side down on plate. Cover with damp tea towel and chill. To serve, cut each roll into about 12 slices. Arrange on serving plate.
- PICKLE PINWHEELS: Spread bread with processed cheese spread. Lay olives, gherkins or dill pickle strips close together at narrow end. Roll. When sliced, the center will have a small slice of olive or pickle in it.
- BANANA PINWHEELS: After spreading bread with butter, spread with peanut butter. Dip banana, in pickle juice and cut the same size as bread. Place on narrow edge of bread slice and roll. Chill. Slice when needed.
- FOR THE HAM FILLING: Combine ham, relish, onion and salad dressing. If too dry, add a bit more salad dressing. Mash with potato masher until smooth.
- Company’s Coming Appetizers.