Recipe by mollypaul
A more decorative variation of an old favorite generally served on hot puddings as a garnish. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chocolate, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually and beat well.
- Add salt and vanilla; continue beating until light and smooth.
- Add chocolate to 1/3 of the mixture.
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Spread white layer on parchment paper; cover with chocolate layer.
- Form into a roll and remove parchment paper.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut into slices to serve.