Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
These are quick and colorful. Use plain, whole wheat, or colorful spinach, herbed, or sun-dried tomato tortillas to wrap up your favorite meat and cheese. Be creative!
Top Review by Bergy
What a great tasty easy appetizer this is to make. We LOVED it. Here is a whole series of the stages. to the final serving - of course with a Mart Mart. I did use pickled Jalapenos as the peppers so didn't fill the tortilla with sweet peppers before rolling, MMMMMm The two star review I think was unfair because I would NEVER let any pinwheel sit for 12 hours before serving. The paint of Mayo (lite) was very lite - In any case 2 hours in the fridge and these were perfect! Thanks for posting a super recipe P.S. I used lite smoked Turkey as the meat. I forgot to say that I used a whole grain Tortills - perfect!
- 3 (7 -8 ounce) flour tortillas
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) containersemi-soft spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jarroasted red sweet peppers, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1⁄4 lb deli ham or 1⁄4 lb deli turkey or 1⁄4 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each flour tortilla with one-third of the semisoft cheese.
- Add a layer of the large basil leaves to cover cheese.
- Divide sweet pepper strips over the basil leaves 1-2 inches apart.
- Top with meat slices.
- Spread 1 teaspoons mayonnaise over the meat on each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla up tightly; wrap wach roll with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- To serve: Cut each tortilla roll into 1-inch slices.
- If desired: Skewer each of the cut tortilla rolls onto frilly toothpicks.