Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
shrimp skewer with garlic and hot peppers. Another of the "tapas for 8" party menu by sean mullen of boqueria's. Easy and delilicious. Overnight marinade not part of prep time.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh rock shrimp (or large shrimp cut in half)
- 2 dried guindilla pepper (or substitute 1 tsp red pepper flakes if guindillas are unavailable)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Skewer shrimp on 6-inch bamboo skewers. Combine the remaining ingredients and marinate shrimp overnight in the mixture.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sear in a hot pan.
Well,well, well. THIS IS ASWESOME! Tagged for 1-2-3 tag 2008. I used large shrimp in stead of rock shrimp, the red pepper flakes option, used no salt (dietary and cooked on an indoor grill. Sprayed grill with cooking spray oil, grilled for 2 min on 1 side and then turned over to complete cooking. Fantastic, fast, and delectable. I love shrimp as does my family and this was and wilbe a regular in my house. Served with flavored rice and sauteed green beans. This is a keeper!
This is so good!!! First of all I used about 1 pound of large shrimp (instead of the rock shrimp) and the red pepper flakes option. Instead of putting the shrimp on skewers I just put the peeled shrimp in the marinade in the morning. And then sauted them in the skillet for a few minutes while the "steam in the bag" Asian veggies were in the microwave. Simple and fast supper that was wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing this keeper!