Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very easy and versatile. Makes the house smell delicious. Eat it with a tortilla or over corn chips with some shredded cheese on top.
- Rinse beans and cover with water. Soak overnight OR bring to a boil and boil for two minutes, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain beans.
- Cut roast in half and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Combine beans and remaining ingredients. Pour over roast.
- Cook on high for 3 hours then to low for 5.
- Remove meat, shred and return to the crock pot.
This was so simple and came out truly delicious. I will be making this again and again. I didn't realize that I needed a crockpot until I already started making this, but no worries! My oven goes down to 170 degrees. So I put everything in the oven and cooked it forever.