Recipe by Grandma Deb
Very easy and versatile. Makes the house smell delicious. Eat it with a tortilla or over corn chips with some shredded cheese on top.
Top Review by threeovens
This was so simple and came out truly delicious. I will be making this again and again. I didn't realize that I needed a crockpot until I already started making this, but no worries! My oven goes down to 170 degrees. So I put everything in the oven and cooked it forever.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 lb dry pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans and cover with water. Soak overnight OR bring to a boil and boil for two minutes, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain beans.
- Cut roast in half and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Combine beans and remaining ingredients. Pour over roast.
- Cook on high for 3 hours then to low for 5.
- Remove meat, shred and return to the crock pot.