Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty stew from "Down Home Cookin'"
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In large saucepan, combine sausage, beans with liquid, onions, tomato juice, picante sauce, green pepper, chili powder, cumin and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top with cilantro and serve with additional picante sauce.