Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is close to my Moms not just like hers cause I add sausage and my Mom don't.She makes the best pinto beans!! They must be healthy cause my Dad will soon be 91 years and is still in great health!!! Mom told me she gets the water to boil before she adds the beans and when water is needed she adds hot water,this makes for thicker juice.....
- 1 lb pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove (I use the kind in a jar)
- 1 lb smoked sausage (for low fat recipe leave out sausage)
- Bring water to a boil.
- At this time add beans,salt, minced garlic and sausage.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add HOT water when needed,this depends on how fast you simmer them.