Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthy, tasty recipe. I prefer kale over collard greens.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale or 1 1⁄2 lbs collard greens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove stems from greens, rinse well and chop into large pieces.
- Saute onion in water or a little bit of olive oil in large pan over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, pinto beans and greens and simmer until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Serve hot.
This recipe is a keeper. I made it exactly as posted with a quick homemade veggie stock. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It was delicious.
Loved it! Edited to say that I've made it again and still loved it. Thanks again PdxBarb!
Loved it with some mexican spices and served in a whole grain tortilla. Simple and healthy. I didn't use the oil. This was super easy and quick as well, which makes this perfect for a weeknight meal. Thanks for posting!