- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale or 1 1⁄2 lbs collard greens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from greens, rinse well and chop into large pieces.
- Saute onion in water or a little bit of olive oil in large pan over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, pinto beans and greens and simmer until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Serve hot.