1/1 Photo of Pinto Beans for Make Your Own Burritos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sort beans to make sure there are no small rocks.
- 2Place beans in large pan and fill with water to within a few inches of the top. Soak beans overnight, or bring to a boil and let sit, covered, off heat for one hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- 3Refill pot with water. There should be about 3 cups of water per each cup of beans.
- 4Add bacon grease, cover, and bring to a boil.
- 5Turn down to simmer and cook about 4-5 hours, or until beans are fairly tender.
- 6Add remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil again. Then turn down to simmer and cook one more hour. Adjust spices to your liking.
- 7Once beans are tender, you can remove the lid and continue cooking to make the beans less soupy if you prefer.
- 8Serve with other burrito fixings like taco meat, cheese, onions, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, olives, etc.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinto Beans for Make Your Own Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 944.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g