Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from the cookbook Land O Lakes Occasionally Vegetarian. I don't use the cilantro, or the green onions. You can also use whatever kind of beans and cheese you like(I've tried chili beans and black beans and also taco cheese or 3 cheese in place of the cheddar.) One last note, I find it easier to oil the pan, instead of brushing the oil on the tortillas.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies, drained
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine pinto beans, chilies, cheese, green onions, mayonnaise, and cilantro; mix well. Spread round 1/3c filling mixture on half of each flour tortilla; fold tortilla over filling to form a half-moon shape. Brush each tortilla with about 1/4 tsp oil. Cook in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, turning once, until lightly browned(12-16 minutes.) Serve with sour cream and guacamole.