Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saucy pinto beans served over cooked rice.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1 clove garlic, crushed)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a medium skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 2 Tblsps. bacon drippings.
- Add onion and cilantro to remaining drippings in skillet, cook until onion is tender.
- Transfer onion and cilantro to 3 quart casserole, add crumbled bacon and remaining ingredients, except cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake in 375* oven for 30-35 minutes or until hot.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.