Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
These tacos are very good. you can use flour or corn tortillas. I cooked the pinto beans as directed on the package and seasoned them as I would have normally seasoned my taco meat. yummy! *You can also use canned pinto beans mashed up for this recipe to make it easier.
- 1 (1 lb) bag pinto beans
- 10 flour tortillas (preferably the larger size)
- 10 corn tortillas (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 onion
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 limes
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 avocado (optional)
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- cook pinto beans as directed on package. as beans are cooking chop up onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. pluck leaves of cilantro or chop them as well. shred cheddar cheese. cut limes in half.
- when the pinto beans are done rinse/strain them in hot water. put them in a big enough bowl and start mashing them. (I use a potatoe masher.) add a few pinches of cilantro, about half of the juice from half a lime, garlic powder, chili powder and real sea salt all to taste.
- i always cook my tortillas.
- Flour tortillas can be cooked on a cast iron tortilla pan. corn tortillas are good fried in a little oil.
- top your pinto bean taco with cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, avacado, sour cream, and your favorite hot sauce (La Victoria Salsa Brava (hot) is very good). enjoy!