Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great twist on tacos for the vegitarian. Very Easy to prepare.
Make and share this Pinto Bean Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 8 taco shells
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat taco shells.
- In a mediun saucepan combine beans, green chili, tomato sauce and spices.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, un-covered, 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Mash beans slightly if desired.
- Spoon into taco shells and top with lettuce, onion, avocado, cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve with salsa.