Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You won't believe how delicious this is. I often prepare this for friends for "shock" effect. They always forgive me after the first bite. (then they ask for the recipe when their plate is clean...)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed pinto beans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Beat eggs with sugar, then blend in the milk, vanilla and butter.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture till well blended.
- Blend in the beans and turn into pieshell.
- Bake at 350 degrees till firm.
Tastes really hearty and sweet at the same time, would prefer to eat it warm though but overall was good to eat.
Good, but even better with some coconut and pecans.