- 1⁄2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugar and coconut. Add eggs; stir well. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pecans; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean but moist.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.