Recipe by ohgal
This recipe is from "Taste of Home" . I chopped and sliced the vegetables the day before. I used a meaty ham bone. I did not have time to make the csipetke.
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 2 large ham hocks
- 6 large carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and sort beans. Soak in cold water overnight; drain. In a large 8-qt. soup kettle, combine the beans, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, meat and paprika. Add enough water to cover ingredients by 2 inches simmer, partly covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until the beans are tender, adding more water as needed. When beans are tender; remove meat to side dish. To make Csipetke, mix flour, salt, egg and oil into stiff dough; let rest for 30 minutes. Blend in sour cream if desired. Mix in parsley and vinegar; adjust seasoning. Cut reserved ham into bite-size pieces; stir into soup.