Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Never had it, don't know what to tell you. Found this in one of my CD cookbooks.
Top Review by twinklestheclown
I have not used this exact recipe yet but I have known about pinto bean fudge for at least 45 years… It is really delicious and I'm not sure how this compares to my other recipe but I will definitely put this in my recipe box. It's actually a lot of fun to use this recipe and tell people afterward that it's pinto bean fudge rather because the taste is amazingly good.
- 1 cup cooked drained pinto beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- nuts (optional)
- raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash 1 cup cooked and drained pinto beans. Add milk. Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter. Add chocolate and butter mixture and vanilla to bean and milk mixture. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Work 2 pounds of powdered sugar into above mixture, you may have to work with your hands. Spread in a buttered pan and refrigerate. May add nuts and raisins. Makes about 3 1/2 pounds.