Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Never had it, don't know what to tell you. Found this in one of my CD cookbooks.
Make and share this Pinto Bean Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cooked drained pinto beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- nuts (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- Mash 1 cup cooked and drained pinto beans. Add milk. Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter. Add chocolate and butter mixture and vanilla to bean and milk mixture. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Work 2 pounds of powdered sugar into above mixture, you may have to work with your hands. Spread in a buttered pan and refrigerate. May add nuts and raisins. Makes about 3 1/2 pounds.
We have been eating a lot of beans lately and I was excited to try this. I tastes delicious but I had a hard time getting it to firm up enough to cut it. I ended up putting it in the freezer for an hour, then took it out to cut, but it started melting fast. I did use the full 1/2 cup of milk, so maybe next time I will try it with 1/4 and maybe have some extra powdered sugar on hand to add to it if needed. I will definately make this again. Thanks for sharing Julie B's Hive!