Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great salad to bring to a BBQ, adds wonderful flavor to grilled dishes. Making it with fresh corn is what makes it so delicious!
- 473.18 ml fresh corn (about 7 or 8 ears)
- 453.59 g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml seeded and chopped plum tomato
- 118.29 ml chopped red onions or 118.29 ml vidalia onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Wash and drain the pinto beans, chop the tomatoes, onion and basil.
- Grill fresh corn on the bbq or outdoor/indoor grill until done.
- Cut off the kernals into a bowl.
- In the same bowl, combine the corn kernals, the pinto beans, tomatoes, onion and basil in large bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and garlic to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This dish can be made 4 hours ahead, just cover and chill.
Excellent. I made this with sun dried tomatoes, frozen corn, regular onion and freeze dried basil. I also added a little sugar to the dressing, our preference. It was crisp, just the right amount of tang and a compliment to our dinner. Thanks for the recipe. Carole in Orlando
Very nice, summery salad! It is colorful and filling. I made this as written and let it chill for a few hours before serving. Perfect for a side dish or for lunch. The fresh basil is a must! Thanx for shring.
SO good! I ate the entire bowl! So easy to make and so fresh! Just perfect to go with our grilled chicken.
Thanks for posting this, C Ryan.