Recipe by CRyan
Great salad to bring to a BBQ, adds wonderful flavor to grilled dishes. Making it with fresh corn is what makes it so delicious!
Top Review by carole in orlando
Excellent. I made this with sun dried tomatoes, frozen corn, regular onion and freeze dried basil. I also added a little sugar to the dressing, our preference. It was crisp, just the right amount of tang and a compliment to our dinner. Thanks for the recipe. Carole in Orlando
- 2 cups fresh corn (about 7 or 8 ears)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup seeded and chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain the pinto beans, chop the tomatoes, onion and basil.
- Grill fresh corn on the bbq or outdoor/indoor grill until done.
- Cut off the kernals into a bowl.
- In the same bowl, combine the corn kernals, the pinto beans, tomatoes, onion and basil in large bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and garlic to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This dish can be made 4 hours ahead, just cover and chill.