Recipe by Ashly1021
Yummy bean dip using the very heart healthy and lean pinto beans. I really like to use this recipe as a healthy alternative to refried beans. Enjoy…
Top Review by AmyZoe
This really could be a refried bean substitute. So flavorful and creamy... I wonder what a little cilantro thrown in would taste like? I love how quickly this comes together, but it tastes like you spent some time. If you have guests they will want the recipe. Thank you for posting this Chef #784689! Made for Pic A Chef Spring 2011.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.In a food processor, combine beans, vinegar, oil, garlic, coriander, paprika, cayenne, and 2 tablespoons water.
- 2.Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.