To me, this is the best layered Mexican style dip. Got this from Taste of Home magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
- 1In a bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 t.
- 2salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- 3Spread onto a 12-inch serving plate.
- 4Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture.
- 5Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- 6Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
- 7Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinto Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 405.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix