Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
To me, this is the best layered Mexican style dip. Got this from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
- In a bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 t.
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Spread onto a 12-inch serving plate.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is the best layer dip I have ever tasted. I think the difference comes from using fresh ingredients. My family knocked it out in record time. Thanks for posting this.
This was surprisingly easy to put together. If you left off the avocado and substituted salsa for the tomatoes, it could be a real quickie in a pinch. We started eating this yesterday about noon, and I didn't even have to fix supper last night - everybody just ate this again. Delicious.
I got this from TOH too. Been wanting to make it for some time and finally did last week. I was a bit disappointed by it. I wasn't crazy about the sour cream/mayo/taco seasoning layer. I thought it took over the whole dish.