Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
To me, this is the best layered Mexican style dip. Got this from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 t.
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Spread onto a 12-inch serving plate.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.