From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking Give the dip a more pronounced Tex-Mex flavor by adding 1/2 tsp chili powder. Serve with fat-free tortilla chips, celery, or plain toasted pita chips.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ground black pepper
- Place the beans in a blender or food processor. Process to a chunky puree. Add the red peppers, celery, onions, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and cumin. Pulse once or twice to combine. Use black pepper and salt to taste.
Made this up for PAC Fall 09, this is an easy and tasty dip. Served it as an appetizer to my 5 guests last night before dinner. Everyone was surprised when I told them it was fat free, and they all gobbled it down. Next time I will double the recipe. The only things I might add is some cilantro and one jalepno pepper to give it more of a zing.