Recipe by Appalachia Momma
Whether you call them pinto beans, brown beans, or soup beans, this is an easily prepared, one dish meal that your entire family will love! My daughter wouldn't eat pinto beans, but loved this dish. For a dish with a zestier taste, try pinto beans with chili or jalapeno flavors!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 30 ounces canned pinto beans
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, canned, drained
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute beef and onion together, drain well.
- Combine beef, onion,beans, tomatoes, corn, cheese, and cream of chicken.
- Stir well and then place into a large baking dish.
- Mix milk and corn meal together (make sure batter isn't too thin) and spread on top of ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 or minutes until golden brown.