Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Star Telegram newspaper cooking section. This recipe was clipped probably 25 to 30 years ago. This is nice and spicy with all the different spices.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups pinto beans, cooked & mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups apples, peeled & diced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and mashed pinto beans and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes.