Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this. Saving it for when my vegetarian friends comes to visit.
Make and share this Pinto Bean Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 15 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 slice pickled jalapeno pepper, cut and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed
- 4 lettuce leaves
- cilantro, onion & sour cream (optional)
- In medium bowl, with potato masher, mash pinto beans until smooth. Stir in cumin, chipotle, pickled jalapeno, 2 tbsp salsa, and 2 tbsp breadcrumbs until combined.
- Place remaining 3 tbsp breadcrumbs on sheet of waxed paper. With floured hands, shape bean micture into four 3-inch round burgers; coat with breadcrumbs.
- In nonstick, 12-inch skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Add burgers and cook until slighlt browned on both sizes, about 8 minutes, turning burgers halfway through cooking.
- Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa on bottom halves of buns. Top with lettuce and burgers. Serve burger with cilantro, onion, and sour cream if desired.