Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this. Saving it for when my vegetarian friends comes to visit.
- 15 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 slice pickled jalapeno pepper, cut and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed
- 4 lettuce leaves
- cilantro, onion & sour cream (optional)
- In medium bowl, with potato masher, mash pinto beans until smooth. Stir in cumin, chipotle, pickled jalapeno, 2 tbsp salsa, and 2 tbsp breadcrumbs until combined.
- Place remaining 3 tbsp breadcrumbs on sheet of waxed paper. With floured hands, shape bean micture into four 3-inch round burgers; coat with breadcrumbs.
- In nonstick, 12-inch skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Add burgers and cook until slighlt browned on both sizes, about 8 minutes, turning burgers halfway through cooking.
- Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa on bottom halves of buns. Top with lettuce and burgers. Serve burger with cilantro, onion, and sour cream if desired.