1/2 Photos of Pinto Bean Bread
3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 35 mins
Delicious, light, different high protein bread. A great use for leftover beans, if you ever have any. You can leave out the middle rising but the bread will be more dense.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk, beans, sugar, salt, shortening, and 1 tablespoon of the flour.
- 2Stir in the yeast and wait for it to bubble.
- 3If it has not bubbled in 5 minutes, get new yeast.
- 4Stir in 5-6 cups flour, to make a kneadable dough.
- 5Knead 5-10 minutes, until satiny.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease dough.
- 7Cover loosely with a clean damp cloth and let rise till double.
- 8Punch down; let rise again.
- 9Punch down; shape into 2 loaves.
- 10Place in greased loaf pans.
- 11Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until thumps hollow on bottom.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinto Bean Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g