1/1 Photo of Pinto Bean and Cheddar Patties
This is another recipe I found in the mag. SELF. For those watching calories this is what was printed in the mag. "322 calories per serving, 8.9 g fat (1.2 g saturated), 41.8 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat broiler.
- 2Place 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and toast under broiler for several seconds or until browned. Remove; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Mash beans in a mixing bowl. Add cheese, chile, toasted breadcrumbs, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Form mixture into 4 patties about 3 inches across. Dredge patties in remaining 1/2 cup untoasted breadcrumbs.
- 5Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Cook patties until crisp and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve hot with 2 tbsp fresh salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinto Bean and Cheddar Patties
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 623.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese